We have sound knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the requirements of a commercial strata scheme, their by-laws, and work health and safety (WHS) requirements to effectively manage your commercial asset.
Whether an office building, storage complex, industrial factory or mixed-use strata parcel, we draw on our years of experience to maximise returns for our commercial clients.
- Establish and maintain the trust account.
- Manage the Administrative Fund and the Capital Works Fund.
- Act as Treasurer under delegated authority.
- Prepare a recommended budget for the Administrative Fund and Capital Works Fund budget at the close of the scheme’s Financial Year.
- Issue levy notices on a quarterly basis.
- Receive, acknowledge, bank and account for money paid to the Owners Corporation.
- Pay and record invoices to all creditors of the Owners Corporation.
- Provide quarterly statutory reconciled accounts, including balance sheet, statement of income and expenditure, and levy status report.
- Provide a monthly payments summary and bank reconciliation report to the Treasurer of the Owners Corporation.
- Prepare and lodge quarterly BAS activity statements through our in-house registered BAS Accountant (no need for an external accountant).
- Assist auditor by providing accounts and records.
- Manage investment accounts on instructions from the Owners Corporation.
- Liaise with the appointed insurance broker to obtain quotes for insurance renewals from APRA approved insurers.
- Renew and amend insurance policies in accordance with the instruction of the Owners Corporation.
- Arrange an insurance valuation as required.
- Claims administration and other activities involved in minimisation of loss, liaison with loss adjustors and other related activities.
Record Keeping & Communication
- Maintain the books and records of the strata scheme as required by the Owners Corporation under the Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 (NSW) in electronic format for the statutory 7-year period.
- Maintain the strata roll.
- Act as Secretary under delegated authority.
- Maintain a common seal and affix as required following a resolution of the Owners Corporation.
- Maintain an online web portal for members of the Owners Corporation.
- Attend to routine written and oral communication and provide guidance to the Strata Committee on strata legislative and compliance requirements and the by-laws.
- Prepare and distribute the agenda and minutes of meetings as required by the Owners Corporation.
- Act as Chairperson at general meetings and strata committee meetings if required.
Management & Compliance
- Ensure the Owners Corporation are advised on compliance requirements in accordance with the Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 (NSW) and local Council.
- Arrange for the certification of fire safety standards and lodgement of the AFSS.
- Arrange reviews and certification of other essential services as required, including lifts, anchor points, building cladding etc.
- Manage contractors such as the Building Manager and Cleaners.
- Arrange tenders for services as required.
- Maintain the key register and common property keys and access devices.
By-law Management & Dispute Resolution
- Advise on existing by-laws and provide guidance to the Strata Committee as required.
- Issue by-law breach notices on instruction of the Strata Committee.
- Arrange drafting of amendments to the By-Laws.
- Facilitate a dispute resolution process as required.
- Prepare and lodge applications for mediation, adjudication and tribunal orders, brief lawyers and attend mediation and tribunal hearings as required and instructed.
Repairs and Maintenance
- Arrange maintenance and repairs as required and instructed.
- Obtain quotes for services and works to the common property.
- Advise the Strata Committee on any budgetary considerations.
- Organise and coordinate works to the common property.
- Ensure tradespeople have appropriate insurances and are licensed.
- Arrange building inspections and reports as required.
- Obtain a 10-year Capital Works Fund plan as required.
- Advise on building condition surveys and scheduled maintenance programs.