Strata Republic was engaged by the developer of this project 12-months prior to the registration of the strata scheme to provide strata management advice and ensure a smooth transition to the Owners Corporation on completion.
The project was particularly challenging due to its size and requirements as an Over 55’s development.
Some of our duties included:
- Review of the strata plan and associated drawings to provide practical site management considerations
- Provide input and advice in relation to the by-laws from an ongoing management perspective
- Attend monthly site meetings to discuss management items
- Prepare an initial budget and levy analysis
- Conduct the tender and interviews of building service providers
- Undertake dealings with local and government authorities concerning management items
- Provide immediate S184 certification for each lot within the strata plan upon registration
- Undertake the establishment of books, records, common seal and statutory documents required by law
- Convene and run the Inaugural and First Annual General meetings
The end result was a remarkable development, an effective and streamlined process of handover, and the establishment of an enthusiastic and active Owners Corporation.
This project was later announced the winner of the Master Builders Association Award for Best Over 55’s Development.